The weather here in London has taken a decidedly chillier turn. It was obvious that I was going to need to take action to prevent my bunny ears from getting too cold. I was given no choice but to accept that I, Bluebell Bunny, was about to become a hat wearer! Now not everyone is a fan of the humble head warmer. Some may find them uncomfortable to sport, others simply feel they look unflattering on them but I am an avid supporter of the hat. Do not scoff or mock, worn the right way, a hat can be a great accessory to a fall/autumn/winter look.
How to wear a hat correctly:
- Get a hat that fits your head – it shouldn’t be precariously propped on top of your head likely to slip off with any sort of head movement (retro Olly Murs-esque look) or uncomfortably tight causing the wearer a headache.
- Co-ordinate hat with outfit – should be an obvious one. In winter you’re probably looking at matching it to your coat.
- Season/Occasion appropriate – be sensible here. Summer hat with winter office wear… just plain wrong on all levels.
- Hair under the hat – At some point you’ll need to take that hat off your head and you don’t want to be greeted with a frizzy nightmare lurking underneath. Style your hair simply under that hat (think ponytail etc) and you should be fine.
Now as a bunny, some of these points will be irrelevant to me but hopefully useful to human folk. This is by no means a comprehensive list of the Do’s and Don’ts of hat wearing but it should help you avoid any unnecessary faux pas.
Most of all remember not to hate on the hat!
Follow me on Twitter for more bunny fun and fabulous outfits (including more hats!).
- The BIG Knit (widgewatch.wordpress.com)