Bunny in a moustache? It’s that time again people… Movember time! For one month only, men worldwide participate in the ritual of growin’ a Mo in support of raising awareness and funds for men’s health issues such as testicular cancer, prostate cancer and mental health. The ‘Movember Movement’ originated in Melbourne, Australia in 2003 and now ten years later, there are official Movember campaigns in 21 countries! What started as thirty Mo sporting men in 2003 grew to 1.1 million Mo’s across the world in 2012. Hopefully this tenth anniversary year will be the biggest yet!
Movember is not just for men! Women can get involved too by becoming Mo Sistas. These are women who help to support and encourage the men in their life to join in on the ‘tache growing month. Find out more here.
Once again, it seems us pets have been left out of the Movember festivities. I’m here to change this! Peruse my Mo Bun looks below:
Don’t Mo alone! In the interest of encouraging a pal to get involved – here is Baxter looking dapper with his Mo:
Official Movember Rules As Set Out By Movember.com:
- Each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of November with a clean shaven face.
- For the entire month of November each Mo Bro must grow and groom his moustache.
- There is to be no joining of the Mo to your sideburns – that’s considered a beard.
- There is to be no joining of your handlebars to your chin – that’s considered a goatee.
- Each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman!
So those are the fundamentals of Movember, now go out and support the Mo!
Follow me on Twitter for more bunny fun!